Monday 9 September 2013

A bit of what you fancy

Good morning, well I hope the weather is a bit better where you are, because it looks like autumn is well and truly here today in Birmingham. It's wet , grey and quite chilly, a total comtrast to last week when me and hubby headed to Somerset for a couple of days, wonderful blue skies and lovely warm sunshine.
 


I had to make a birthday card for my Sister today, and I fancied something feminine and a bit shabby chic, this is what I came up with
 
 
the hearts are made from a sheet of decorative paper I made myself using layers of acrylic paints.
 
and those gorgeous crocheted ribbons are a bargain I picked up last week in The Works, only 99p a pack! they were white but I've tinted them with ink, and the flower ribbon, also 99p, is a much softer shade of cream, so I also tinted that.

 
 have a good Monday x



3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, love the hearts and the colours are wonderful with the fab stencils and textures.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete